Contact Me


Email us: timelinejourney@yahoo.com Phone Steve: (519) 277-8463 See Our Website

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mozy's Shawarma

November 14, 2010; Kitchener Ontario

When Mozarfar asked me to come build his new store on 247 King Street, Waterloo, I didn't know what a 'shawarma' was. I'm not completely sure now. All I know is that it's delicious!
Mozarfar came from Syria a few years ago. He used to drive past a hot dog vendor at the corner of University and King and say to himself: "if only I could have a small business like that some day."

 Now his dream is coming true, except, instead of having a road-side stand, he has managed to build not one, but two restaurants.   
This is the main counter in his store. It was a very interesting challenge to build something so large. We covered the front in laminate and ordered special wide molded tops at 2 different levels. 

Here is the business card from the existing store. He is located in a little known plaza on Highland road and yet people seek him out.  Now  we are all excited to see what will happen next.  Mozarfar is in a great second location and he has a great attitude and a wonderful product.  I know his new restaurants is going to be a tremendous success.  Asalamalakum! 

2 comments:

Mitch Hargreaves said...

He will do well if he continues to make an excellent product. The counters look great.

Keith Marshall said...

I was at mozy's yesterday. I'm writing about how great it was today for a site I keep called 365 things to do in Kitchener Waterloo.
Just wanted to say how much I like your story and your blog.